These rules are divided into three areas: Respect for self, respect for others, and respect to school environment.
- Students must attend all their classes
- Students must be on time for school and class
See Attendance Policy section for detailed information.
• Students are prohibited to get cigarettes or smoke anywhere on school property.
• Possessing cigarettes and / or smoking are actions not to be tolerated by school administration.
•School administration has the right to take severe actions against this behavior.
- Students must wear the school uniform all the time.
- Excuses such as “My uniform is dirty! I didn’t wash it!” are not acceptable.
See Dress Code section for detailed information.
- Students are not allowed to stay in class during Recess time.
- Students have to stay in the assembly area or playground during Recess time.
- Running, dancing, singing and pushing other students are prohibited.
- Supervisor or teachers in duty have the right to take action against any disruptive behavior.
- Students must show respect for all members of the school community. They are expected to be cooperative and polite at all times.
- Disruptive behavior that impedes the learning of others will not be tolerated.
- Offensive language will never be tolerated.
- Physical aggression will not be tolerated, e.g. Fighting, play fighting, slapping, etc.
- A student who refuses to identify themselves to an adult or who refuses to accompany a staff member to the office when asked to do so is exhibiting insubordination and may be suspended.
- In accordance with the Safe School Policy students shall not harass other members of the school community. Harassment includes bullying, cyber-bullying, racial/ethno-cultural harassment or discrimination, physical or verbal abuse, slander or discrimination.
- Students are expected to respect the rules of conduct for special areas of the school, e.g. labs, library, gym etc.
- Students are not to touch or remove materials in or on the teacher’s desk or another student’s desk without permission.
- Students are to comply with the individual rules and expectations specific to each classroom teacher.
- Students are not to be in any classroom but their own unless they are directed to be there.
- Students are responsible for keeping desks, shelves, walls, and floor tidy.
- Students must play only in approved areas.
- Fighting is prohibited. Students who fight will be suspended out of school automatically.
- Litter is to be placed in garbage containers.
- Students must use all playground equipment in a safe manner.
- Skateboards, rollerblades and roller skate shoes are not allowed at school.
- Technical devices, such as camera phones, recording devices or computers may not be used to invade or threaten personal privacy or to disrupt the safe & secure culture for learning. Students must get permission to bring any technical device to school.
- Sound systems, speakers, large radios/CD players, school bag speakers, etc. are not permitted in school.
- Cell phones are not allowed in the school building at any time. If a cell phone is brought to school, it must remain off and out of sight and given to the floor supervisor.
- The administration will confiscate any electronic device including cell phones.
- Students are not permitted to photograph or videotape except with prior permission from the administration and the entire class.
- Cyber-bullying is the use of technology to threaten, ridicule, spread rumors or defame character and will not be tolerated.
- The misuse of technology to invade or threaten personal privacy or to disrupt the school’s culture of learning will not be tolerated. Serious cases of cyber misconduct may warrant suspensions.
Weapons and Other Prohibited Items:
- In the case of a student bringing weapons (real or replica) including knives to school the police will be involved and the sanctions of the Safe School Policy will be enforced.
- Laser pointers, lighters, water guns, fire crackers, caps, stink bombs, spray paint, hazardous materials and “hornets” are not allowed on school property.
- Students must behave on the school bus. This means staying in their seats, refraining from eating or drinking, talking in a quiet manner, being polite to the driver and being on time when bus comes for pick up. at their bus stop.
- Students may not take any other school bus but their own. Also, guests are not allowed on the school bus at any time.
- Parents dropping off and picking up their children must come on time and make sure that they do not cause traffic jam.
- Students are responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the school environment both indoors and outdoors. Littering will not be tolerated.
- Students must keep all food in the cafeteria. Eating and drinking in the halls and classrooms are not allowed.
- Students are expected to clean up after themselves in the cafeteria i.e. put all their garbage in the garbage cans.
- Vandalism, graffiti and the destruction or careless use of school property is prohibited. Students & their Parents will be expected to pay restitution for any damage/breakage/vandalism the student may cause.
- Tampering with the fire alarm system or any other safety equipment will not be tolerated and may be cause for suspension.
Hallways and Stairs:
- Students are expected to walk in an orderly manner and keep to the right in the hallways and on the stairs.
- Pushing, shoving, running, shouting, swearing, or rowdy behavior will not be tolerated in the hallways.
- Students are expected to keep hallways clean i.e. put paper in the supplied garbage cans.